How does it work? Information For Claimants
- Legal Funding Australia assists in funding the various out of pocket disbursements for your personal injury claim, family law claims and class action claims.
- Upon loan approval, we establish a credit facility in your name and your solicitor instructs us when to release funds to their Trust account to pay for your personal injury disbursements.
- Our loans are non-recourse, which means repayment is only required if your legal claim is successful. If your claim is unsuccessful, Legal Funding Australia will not seek any repayment from you. Rather, we will call upon a guarantee provided by your Solicitor’s firm. (Your solicitor may seek recourse from you to recover a guarantee payment from you, but this is dependent on the firm’s cost agreement. Ask your solicitor).
- Interest is only payable on funds and fees drawn.
- Reasonable Interest and fees are applicable your credit facility.
- A simple application form without intrusive employment and credit checks, is all that is required, along with relevant identification. The application form can be obtained from one of our panel of approved solicitor firms, who will make all the necessary arrangements.
- The payment of disbursements is managed by your respective law firm and Legal Funding Australia.
- The repayment of your loan is settled from the funds received from your claim.